The origins of Strongco date back to the 1940’s and the founding of Sullivan Strong Scott, a manufacturer, of material handling systems. In 1988, Strong Equipment Corporation was formed and, during the 1990’s, the privately held company grew through the acquisition of a number of well-established equipment distribution companies, including Sheridan Equipment Limited in 1991 and Blackwood Hodge (Canada) Limited in 1996. The Company was taken public via an initial public offering on the TSX in November 1995 and shortly thereafter the company’s name changed to Strongco Inc. In May 2005, Strongco Inc. became a wholly owned subsidiary of a newly formed income trust, Strongco Income Fund (“the Fund”) with shares exchanged on a one for one basis and the Fund replaced Strongco Inc. as the listed issuer on the TSX. On July 1, 2010, the fund converted to Strongco Corporation, with fund units exchanged for shares of the Company on a one-for-one basis.